I feel lonely

And maybe I am not alone. What is the reason of EOC? To arrange competitions just for best runners and give IOF diplomas and IOF medals without spectators and with poor media coverage? What about live-GPS? And what about…



On the other side competitions are interesting and our 5th place (ok 7th…) in relays is really good! My performance was good, but there is still something to improve. Thanks to Bingo and Olaf for nice runs...



results

Last Sunday I did one of my poorest performances in the sprint, and did not make final…


Let’s hope that my performances will be better tomorrow and on Saturday.
you can watch it on competition webpages

11 comments:

Hanor said...

[quote]without spectators and with poor media coverage?[/quote]
... it's orienteering, no soccer, old boy!!!

Felix said...

Look forward to WOC - this will be something different! :-)
Trondheim is preparing for this amazing week...

Betak said...

Yep, Trondheim will be different, but hopefully I will go there, because I am so poor now...

Anonymous said...

Trondheim ...
to be honest - don't expect too much!

Anonymous said...

You were as competitor last year in Salo in NOC I presume. It was there the same thing, no spectators or only few . But I can tell you that you will not be alone and feel lonely at Jukola this year in Hyvinkää! And your team will be very
high...

Betak said...

Yep, Last year WC in Finland was a bit lonely, but I still remember really good atmosphere from the sprint!
10M, Jukola (and Czech sprint Champs) were the reasons, why I wrote this article. Really huge and popular competitions, but without IOF help... I am waiting Jukola!

Betak said...

Future looks promising:
http://news.worldofo.com/2010/06/07/eoc-2010-comment/

Кирил Николов said...

Jan mi friend just for the rocord, i'll tell you that on WOC 2008 wer about 60 Bulgarians to support the national team and to run WOC-tour! How many Czechs wer in Bulgaria???
Stay cool and good luck on Jukola.

Betak said...

Hey Kiril, first of all big congratulations to your results! The problem is not Bulgaria, but system of every year WOC...
In this system noone care about EOC and it was visible!

Anonymous said...

da, da, this system is realy stupid

Kлaдин

Кирил Николов said...

Thanks. I agree!!!